The online performances are made in the same way as regular bookings via ShowBird. On this page you can see all the artists that are available for remote performance. In the act description of these artists you can read what you can expect from the digital show and what the possibilities are.
When you have selected an interesting act, you can request it without obligation. Clearly state the following information in the application:
- What your wishes are
- For whom the performance is intended
- The reason for the request, if any.
It is therefore also possible to give an online show as a gift,
Eg. to support a family member.
Or an online magic workshop for your children.
The artist will send you a proposal or ask some additional questions.
You can answer this via the chat function of ShowBird.
You are not committed to anything until you have confirmed the booking,
so make requests to multiple artists.
If the proposal is satisfactory, you can accept it by confirming it.
A ShowBird employee will contact you to explain the technical matters.
After this meeting, a calendar invitation will be sent before the performance date.
The performance itself
When the day of performance arrives you will receive a link to a Zoom environment. This is a streaming platform for video calling and online conferences.
Fifteen minutes before the performance, our employee will allow you to enter the online session.
Here you will check whether all your settings etc. are correct.
It is a shame if the performance is difficult to follow because of a bad internet connection.
Some tips for the best possible connection:
- Make sure you are in a place with good internet.
- Internet via a cable is better than via WiFi.
- Rather a desktop or laptop than a tablet or smartphone.
- Mobile internet (3g, 4g, 5g) is not recommended.
- Close as many other programs that use the Internet as possible.
- Share the performance with up to two other devices.
If you click on the link to the show, Zoom will ask you to install the program.
This is not a requirement, you can also view the session from your browser.
Click on the link "join from your browser" at the bottom of the website.
At the agreed time, the artist will join the stream to perform the performance.
Conditions / Am I suitable to book online performances:
- I have a good internet connection for my computer, tablet or laptop.
- I am over 18 or complete the booking with my parents.
- I book the performance privately, for myself or as a gift for someone else.
- I will not make the performance public by broadcasting it through social media or making the link public.
- I will not record the performance without consulting the artist.
- I share the stream with up to 3 other devices to ensure the quality of the online performance.